Brown Bag Summer Storytelling Series
Tread of Pioneers Museum (800 Oak St.)
- June 28: Historic Brown Ranch Tour with Mary Walker
Learn about the Shepherdess of the Elk River Valley Margaret Duncan Brown and tour her historic log home in Clark with Brown’s descendant Mary Walker. Directions: Drive 16 miles on Routt County Road 129, turn left just past the 16-mile marker and go one-fourth mile down the dirt road across the meadow to the log house. 26230 Co Rd 58, Clark, CO 80428.
Open house/no RSVP required.
- July 5: “The Springs of Steamboat” with local author Dagny McKinley
- July 12: “Dad’s Barn: The Crawford Family Barn & the Legacy of Crawford Hill” with Crawford family descendant and historian Jim Crawford
- July 19: “What the Homesteaders Left Behind: Archeological Evidence & Stories of South Routt County” with local historian Paul Bonnifield
- July 26: “Writers Who Put Steamboat on the Map & on the Page” with retired professor of English Jim Maguire
- Aug. 2: “The Monger Family Ranch: Then & Now” with local ranchers Larry and Krista Monger
- Aug. 9: “Rollins Pass Rewind: A Journey Through 10,000 Years of History Atop One of Colorado's Great Gates” with authors Kate Wright and B. Travis Wright
- Aug. 16: “Building Steamboat: The Art Gumprecht & Eugene Sternberg Legacy” with historic preservation expert Arianthe’ Stettner
- Aug. 23:“Researching in Routt: A How-To Guide for Locating Local Data, Facts & People” with John Major, Reference Librarian at the Bud Werner Memorial Library
- Aug. 30:“A Wither Childhood & the Saga of Snow Sculpture in the Winter Carnival” with Steamboat native Pete Wither
- Sept. 6: “Historical Postcards from Northwest Colorado” with Dan Davidson, Director of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
to view or print Brown Bag Summer Storytelling Series.
to view or print the Summer Programs and Events Schedule.
History of Steamboat
with the Locals Who Lived It!