VIRTUAL Brown Bag Summer Storytelling Series
Friday 7/10/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 7/17/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 7/24/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 7/31/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 8/7/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 8/14/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 8/21/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Friday 8/28/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Location: Tread of Pioneers Youtube Channel
Hear the real history from the locals who lived it! Every Friday at noon in July and August. Instead of the annual in-person event, this year, we will virtually present a weekly highlight of the past 20 years of talks and lectures from this popular oral history series. Did you miss one of these events in the past that you want to see? Just let us know and we’ll post it! Again, tune in to our Youtube Channel
Read about the 2020 Series.
History of Steamboat
- June 26: In connection with the museum’s newest exhibit, “The Springs of Steamboat,” author Dagny McKinley shares fun facts and stories of the town’s unique and varied mineral springs. Originally presented on 7.5.2019.
- July 3: “James H. Crawford: Military Man, Town Founder, Politician, and So Much More,” by Crawford family descendent, Jim Crawford. Originally presented on 7.15.2011.
- July 10: In celebration of the 135th anniversary of Steamboat’s newspaper, former newspaper editor Charles Leckenby presents “The History of the Steamboat Pilot and the Leckenby Legacy.” Originally presented on 7.31.1998.
- July 17: South Routt history comes alive in “Tales From Egeria and Oak Hills” with Nita Naugle, Tracks & Trails Museum Director, and Rita Herold, Yampa/Egeria historian and author. Originally presented on 8.28.2015.
- July 24: Maxine Turner relates what life was like in “Trull, Colorado—A Town Gone Extinct.” Originally presented on 8.5.2005.
- July 31: Locals recall times of change and turbulence in “Sure! I Remember the 1960s,” with Carl Vail, Lenore Neish Grace, Pat and Ruth McClelland, and Jack Sprengle. Originally presented on 8.5.2011.
- Aug. 7: “John Lanterman: Lens to the Landscape.” Local photographer and featured artist for the Tread of Pioneers Museum’s newest exhibit describes his artwork and inspiration. New talk for 2020!
- Aug. 14: “Let the Women Vote: How Women Won the Right to Vote in Colorado,” by Marsha Goldstein. Originally presented on 3.19.2002.
- Aug. 21: Annabeth Lockhart, Gloria Gossard, Doris Gooding, and Ann Rich share their memories of “Growing Up in Steamboat Springs.” Originally presented on 7.17.1998.
- Aug. 28: Search and Rescue responder, Jerry Alsum, retells the story of the infamous Rocky Mountain Airways 1978 plane crash and rescue on Buffalo Pass in “The Miracle on Buffalo Pass.” Originally presented on 8.10.2018.
with the Locals Who Lived It!