Lufkin Library Research Center
The Tread of Pioneer Museum maintains an extensive archive collection, part of the Lufkin Library Research Center. Types of information available:
- A user-friendly online photo database containing over 6000 historic regional photographs
- Oral histories, including audio and video- which have been digitized and are available to view/hear at the click of the mouse.
- Subject and biographical files gleaned from information from such media as newspaper clippings, magazine articles and family histories related to Steamboat Springs.
- Cemetery files
- Local and regional maps
- Local and regional books
- Event posters
- Local Olympian history
- Transcribed journals
- Steamboat Springs High School year books (limited)
- Productions on video
- Original, irreplaceable archives: diaries, letters, marriage certificates, death certificates, high school diplomas, bonds, titles, tickets, etc. (available for research under Curator supervision)
Please call the museum at 970-879-2214 to make an appointment to visit the research center (Monday-Friday, 9-5pm, Sat. 11-5). When you visit the center, our staff will be happy to help you get started with your research. If you are out of town and can not visit the research center, our staff can assist you for a fee of $15 per hour with a $15 minimum.
Special thanks to Don Lufkin and the Lufkin family for funding the remodel of this resource facility and archive and assisting in its ongoing improvements.
Do you have information?
The museum welcomes your contribution of information and artifacts about the Yampa Valley. Add to or create your local family's file and help keep the museum an imporant resource for future generations. Contact our Curator Katie Adams at 970-879-2214 or email@example.com
Other reseach sources are available on the History and Genealogy
page of yampavalley.info: Click here
to link to the page.
This includes links to:
Colorado Birth, Death & Marriage Cert.
Database of Deceased Steamboat Springs Veterans
Databases & Websites at the Library
Routt County History Collection
as well as links to county-wide historical organizations, libraries and much more.
Other Research Related Links
for the Routt County History and Genealogy Page
for a listing of books and other resources related to the Yampa Valley (a.k.a. Yampa Valley Bibliography)
Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection Online Database Article
Sam Haslem 3 Wire Winter interview 1986
Lufkin Library Archives
to view the Archives Guidelines
to view a listing of the subject files available in our research center
to view a listing of the biography/people files available in our research center
to view a listing of the videos, films, and oral histories available in our research center
to view a listing of the cemetery files available in our research center