Museum During the Pandemic
The Tread of Pioneers Museum is closed until further notice due to health and safety concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are prioritizing staff, volunteer and patron safety in deciding to remain closed, as we continually assess the evolving pandemic in our town and country.
Please visit our website, Facebook page
and YouTube Channel
for virtual events, programming and historical content. Our website contains a calendar of in-person events that will be held outside and at historical sites around Routt County this summer.
Please call 970.879.2214 if you need to speak with a staff person, as we are here working daily.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are here are working hard to preserve, share and celebrate Routt County’s history!
You can support our efforts by giving to the museum today!
Connect With Us On Social Media
- Tour A Bison Ranch!
- Guided Steamboat Springs Downtown Historic Walking Tour
- Taste of History Program: Recipes from the Root Cellar
- History Colorado’s Moving Day, Part 1
- Moving Day Program, Part 2
- Moving Day Program, Part 3
- Arianthe' Stettner presents "150 Years of the Homestead Act in Routt County"
- Celebrating the Moffat Railroad
- Victorian House Kitchen “Then and Now”
- Telephone and School Exhibits “Then and Now”
- Homesteading Exhibit “Then and Now” Tour
- The first people in the Yampa Valley
- Ute Indian Pow Wow Performance May 15, 2017
- Ute Indian Pow Wow Performance May 16, 2019
- Jim Maguire, "Writers Who Put Steamboat on the Map & on the Page"
- “Why Old Places Matter”--Tom Mayes at Providence Preservation Society 2019 Annual meeting TomMayes
- Tales of the 10th with Flint Whitlock - at the CSM
- Pioneer Soap
- Tread of Pioneers Museum presents the History of Steamboat Springs
- History Happy Hour with Linda Wommack: Ann Bassett
- Tread of Pioneers Museum's History of Skiing in Steamboat Springs Video Exhibit
- Historic Film Compilation
- Double can bean bag toss
- Have you checked out all of the great videos we have posted on our Youtube Channel?
- Take a look at this early 1920s video footage at the Dawson/Carpenter Ranch!
- Tread of Pioneers Museum, Steamboat Springs hosts virtual book club for students, virtual tours of exhibits, lectures, collections, films and more.
- COLLECTION SPOTLIGHT - COLORADO DRIVER'S LICENSE, CIRCA 1920
- Kids! Have fun at home with our education coordinator Katie Earlougher Konold doing the historical game
- More shots from our WWII exhibit!
- Take a virtual tour of our WWII EXHIBIT!
- Scenes from our WWII Exhibit - "End of an Era."
- COLLECTIONS SPOTLIGHT! Brooklyn Saloon Music Box - take a listen and read all about it!
- Take a look at some of our local veterans we feature in our WW II exhibit.
- Pioneer Cooking-making hardtack
- Virtual History Happy Hour!
- Enchantment in the Rocky Mountains
- History Happy Hour with Laurel Watson
- Steamboat Springs: Fairview neighborhood Winter Carnival 1975- 1977
- The Milner Bank
- Historical Photos of Women's Suffrage
- Mary Cronin: The First Woman to Climb All of Colorado's Fourteeners
- The first chimes in Steamboat Springs
- COLLECTIONS SPOTLIGHT: The Memoir of Louis Summer of Sidney, CO
- MUSEUM COLLECTIONS SPOTLIGHT: THE MOFFAT TUNNEL
- The museum exhibit featuring the works of Gutzon Borglum will be featured in this virtual First Friday Art Walk tonight!
- Due to the pandemic, the Tread of Pioneers Museum is closed until further notice.schools is now suspended
- Boggs Murder and Grave
- Graves of Tuffy and Gorden Wren- Steamboat Springs Cemetery
- Steamboat Springs Cemetery Tour 2018
- Potter's Field at the Steamboat Springs Cemetery
- Dawson Cattle Ranch, Hayden, CO
- Give to the Tread of Pioneers Museum on CO Gives Day!
View our virtual exhibits, events and tours from our Facebook feed!
The Covid-19 virus is a serious risk. Those visiting the Tread of Pioneers Museum voluntarily assume that risk and expressly waive any and all claims against the Tread of Pioneers Museum in any way related to any illnesses possibly contracted at this venue or any of our events.