Lorenz Building- Former Routt County Courthouse,

1527
Lorenz Building- Former Routt County Courthouse,
c.1965
928 Lincoln Ave. This building was completed in 1893 and was originally a general store. In 1912, it became the courthouse when the county seat moved from Hahn's Peak. After 1921, the courtroom occupied the second floor, while the clerk, treasurer and jail shared the ground floor. When the present day courthouse was completed in 1923, the Lorenz building became the site of a dance hall called the Social Benefit Association or SBA. In 1958, the property was purchased by Don Lorenz. It now houses offices.

Steamboat Springs
Lincoln Ave.
Government/Post Office
Structure
B & W Photo
Scanner: Epson 1640 SU