Vision & Mission Statement
To preserve, share and celebrate the history and heritage of Steamboat Springs and Routt County through quality and engaging exhibits, programs, and education.
The Tread of Pioneers Museum is an indispensable cultural asset and historical leader that engages and educates the public and fosters an appreciation of our community’s history.
- HISTORICAL PASSION
Attitudes, behaviors and actions that are most important to working to our values
- Be honest
- Always act in the best interest of our community and collections in keeping with museum standards
- Aspire to the highest standards of care and behavior
- Honor our commitments to our donors and community
- Be accountable
- Collect and provide best care of collections and stories, based on our resources and industry standards
- Be dependable
- Connect people with our heritage – share the passion
- Keep the story relevant – bring history alive
- Be a leader – think outside the box
- Be energized – take pride in where we live and the work we do
2019 STRATEGIC INITIATIVES:
- Build and value lasting relationships
- Work across organizational boundaries – network at every opportunity
- Work with partners to leverage strengths
- Honor commitments to team members and partners
Key result areas, big areas of opportunity
- ORGANIZATIONAL HEALTH (Strategic Plan, Staffing, Facilities)
- FINANCIAL STABILITY
- COMMUNITY AWARENESS/ENGAGEMENT
The Covid-19 virus is a serious risk. Those visiting the Tread of Pioneers Museum voluntarily assume that risk and expressly waive any and all claims against the Tread of Pioneers Museum in any way related to any illnesses possibly contracted at this venue or any of our events.
Tribal Lands Acknowledgement
The Board and Staff of the Tread of Pioneers Museum respectfully acknowledge the Ute people, the original inhabitants of Northwest Colorado, and other Indigenous Nations of this area where we now reside. We recognize that the establishment of this region impacted the lifeways of Native peoples and their communities. In accepting this, we are called to utilize this educational institution to teach stewardship of the land and continuing commitment to the inclusion and respect of these Nations and their traditional values for their homelands.